Inside Jeopardy podcast

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Inside Jeopardy podcast

Post by MarkBarrett »

jeff6286 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:24 pm 9/19 episode: "What is the Debut of Season 39?" with Michael, Sarah and Buzzy

Both Michael and Buzzy (Bryn Mawr) did not get the CSU FJ! clue right.
Not sure what this is referring to, guessing you made a typo and meant
Spoiler
CMU for Carnegie Mellon?
On a related note, I wonder did you consider spoiler-tagging discussion of specific clues and responses in these (FJ? or otherwise)? Or maybe a blanket warning at the top of the post that clues from last week's shows will be mentioned below?
Yeah, I had the wrong college abbreviation and some warnings and spoiler tags make sense since not everyone is always current with watching eps. of J!. Thank you.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

New episode was released yesterday:
- Sarah confirmed that the judges saw Emmett Stanton write every character of "Emancipation Proclamation" during his second game.
- Martha Bath's response of No Country for Old Men was determined to be correct, as viewers thought she had said No Country for Old Man.
- Sarah's pre-recorded interview with Martha Bath was played. Her first FJ! category during her run on Fleming J! was State Capitals and the clue asked which state and its capital both had five letters in their names.
Spoiler
Boise, Idaho and she had just moved from Idaho to Connecticut and still didn't get that Final right.
- For Celebrity J!, the show wants to have video categories on their celebrities, starting with Buzzy Cohen's fashion category on the first episode.
- Buzzy Cohen's fashion category was the first TJ! category to be written.
- Johnny Gilbert, Jean Trebek, Tony Griffin, Sam Kavanaugh, and all 2022 ToC players were at the J! Honors ceremony (which the show tweeted would air on YouTube on Thursday at 6:00 PM Pacific).
- Lilly Nelson (@OneEclecticMom on Twitter) was the fashion expert for J! Honors and a pre-recorded interview with her was played. She then was interviewed on the podcast.
- Jeopardy! Honors Winners:
Spoiler
Best Dressed: Yungsheng Wang
Best Signature: Cindy Zhang
Best Celebration: Rhone Talsma after defeating Amy Schneider
Sportsmanship Award: James Weldon, for donating Jeopardy! attire to Matt Amodio, who defeated him.
MVP (Most Valuable Player): Amy Schneider
Alex Trebek Person of the Year: James Holzhauer
- Next five weeks: Road to the ToC (including interviews with some of this year's ToC contestants
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thanks for the recap, gameshowfandanny, and well done getting the key points in your post. Next Monday, or any Monday, feel free to do it again as I can't do it within any consistent time frame.

With, MNF, MLB and The Voice I only had time to listen to 10 minutes of the podcast last night as I checked for it around four and then forget about checking again until almost bedtime.

I'll add that Yungsheng Wang was mentioned as ToC alternate.
James Holzhauer's cause is Project 150

Fan questions:
Jake - Any more Fleming games? Nope, and Martha has nothing like even a photo from 1972 appearance

David - Host take questions with studio audience back? Ken, does it although not in break before FJ! round. Sarah got to know all of Alex's answers and is learning the ones that Ken gives to repeated questions.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

After hearing the fashion woman's list of what she doesn't like I know what I'm wearing if get the call.
nserven
At the Clam Shack

Post by nserven »

Is Buzzy on some kind of contract or retainer with the show? I know he’s local as that was explained why he was pinch-hitting on one of the early podcast episodes. And now they’ve got him doing at least one Celeb J! category.

I can see him doing more of those, slotting into the role that was originally outlined for Ken before Alex died. But I don’t think I heard anything announced.