Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 9, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 9, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Robert K S wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:51 pm Thanks for reminding us of this precedent from your game, Stefan. Hypothesis supported if not confirmed.
Is there any kind of disclaimer at the end of the show?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 9, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamaman »

My wife's comment on the episode: "She's an idiot". No need to have a NSFW response. I was worried she was going to win and I'd have to put up with her next week.

Since this is a tournament and not a one off game I don't like letting a player have a chance to win after finishing in the red.

Jalen was the only one I had heard of. Now 2/9.
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:43 pm My wife's comment on the episode: "She's an idiot". No need to have a NSFW response.
Doesn't it seem likely that she ran out of time writing the correct response?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

davey wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:47 pm
Bamaman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:43 pm My wife's comment on the episode: "She's an idiot". No need to have a NSFW response.
So what were the bleeps for?
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:49 pm
The first three letters of Titanic
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
davey

Post by davey »

Volante wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:52 pm
Bamaman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:49 pm
The first three letters of Titanic
Yeah, not that hard to figure out...
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:43 pm My wife's comment on the episode: "She's an idiot". No need to have a NSFW response. I was worried she was going to win and I'd have to put up with her next week.

Since this is a tournament and not a one off game I don't like letting a player have a chance to win after finishing in the red.

Jalen was the only one I had heard of. Now 2/9.
Holy shit dude could you possibly be more bitchy and negative about this? I thought this game was fucking amazing!

Ike is actually into trivia, he has played Learned League for many years and mentioned on the show he is a longtime Jeopardy! viewer, and it was pretty clear from the start that he knew a lot of things and was likely to dominate the game. Jalen was clearly outmatched and Constance appeared to be as well, but look what happened!

Constance followed some advice presumably given by a contestant coordinator, switched hands to possibly change up her buzzer timing and managed to get in a good number of times in round 3. Sure most of the things she was getting weren't terribly difficult by Jeopardy! standards but she had some great gets for a celebrity and her excitement was super fun to watch. Then she actually bets all of her money not once, but twice!

We see dozens of players every year on the regular show who are in spots where it is their only chance to win or who are up against an absolute juggernaut of a champion and they are afraid to make that move, and here she did it twice! And managed to pull the right answer both times! This was so fun, 5 stars for this celebrity episode! It's hard to imagine Ike not winning the whole thing but who knows, maybe they have some other ringers waiting in the wings. Also he was a little hesitant to make large bets so maybe he gets chased down the same way Constance almost did.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

jeff6286 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:28 pm Then she actually bets all of her money not once, but twice!
Three times, even, if you count Final.

This was a much more low-key game than the two preceding ones in terms of jokes and asides, and Ike's domination made the conclusion seem foregone from early in the J! Round, but it was still a decent match. Constance was in it right up until her Final response was revealed.