LL Season 95

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: LL Season 95

Post by econgator »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:29 pm Well, we're at approximately the halfway point of the season. How is everyone doing? I'm in second place in my rundle even though I'm a bit below my lifetime QPct (.722 to .753), although my defense has been good (.761 DE). I feel like I've been a bit lucky and there's probably a good chance I won't win as many games over the second half of the season.
After MD6, I was 1-4-1 and was almost 200 below my lifetime QPct. The last 6, I've been 4-0-2 and now I'm only -118 QP. My defense is a solid .864 and I'm now in 10th.
ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ouachiouat »

Leading my C rundle at 10-2-0, on a record win streak of 8. Playing .720 defense, 45 TCA, 38 CAA, 13 MCW. No ties yet this season is odd for me.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

After a weird start to my season, with 4 ties in the first 8 days, I’ve been on a mini-win streak, fueled in part by no UfPA in the last 3 matches. I’ve managed to overtake bomtr despite lagging far behind him in TCA.
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:29 pm Well, we're at approximately the halfway point of the season. How is everyone doing? I'm in second place in my rundle even though I'm a bit below my lifetime QPct (.722 to .753), although my defense has been good (.761 DE). I feel like I've been a bit lucky and there's probably a good chance I won't win as many games over the second half of the season.
At 8-1-3, I am in the #3 position in my rundle, 3 points out of first place and in the last of the promotion positions. With 30 correct answers so far, I'm on pace for my highest TCA in several seasons; the questions seemed to have been easier the last week or so after I got off to a relatively slow start. I guess I've been sort of lucky so far; I only rank 12th in my rundle for DE but seem to be benefiting from poor defense by my opponents. Currently, I have a 6-game winning streak, the longest of my 28-season LL career.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Eff the don't talk about a no hitter during the no hitter curse...

Somehow. SOMEHOW. I'm -2nd- in A. With 48 TCA. Immediately above and below me are 60+ TCAs. I have a CAA of -45-. If this trend manages to continue I'd easily be in the running for luckiest llama.

More importantly, I now have as many wins in A as I have in C (this was my primary goal). I needed 8 when the season started. It took me 12 matches.

I'd buy a scratcher, but I'd rather not diffuse my luck on this one. Scratchers will be there forever. A 2nd place in an A is a once in a lifetime with my statistics :lol:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

I feel like one of those MLB players that faces Greg Maddux and gets the collar without even realizing it. They called it a "comfortable" collar because you didn't even realize he was eating your lunch. I'm six questions behind my average TCA at this point (.349 Qpct vs. .453 career average). I only found that out by looking up the season to make a progress report. I'm channeling Zach Wilson here (to drop yet another sports metaphor).
In Taiga E my DE is at .690 which is my 3rd best in 15 seasons if I can hold it. I'm in a logjam in 9th place overall with 9 players within 2 points of the promotion zone. I have 4 other family members in the same scrum between 5th and 13th place.
The questions have been the usual high quality, but haven't been in my lane. I do recognize many of the reveals but don't have too many unforced errors. (I won't live down reversing the Cr/Ni order in 18-8 Stainless steels since I worked with many grades in my work life :oops: )
Whether you are having a turducken or a plant based meal, Happy Thanksgiving to All!

(Crap- triple posted and I religiously avoided hitting submit when the error page came up. I will delete content of next two, but need a mod to clean up the mess if deemed important)
Last edited by twelvefootboy on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

Batting .556 (vs 570) and .739 de (vs 683), with the usual combo of satisfying good gets and discouraging head slappers, good for 5/5/2 and middle of the pack. On The negative side, MPD is -10 and I had my first (I'm pretty sure) 0/0 in 26 seasons. Happy Thanksgiving to all and Go Pats!
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:29 pm Well, we're at approximately the halfway point of the season. How is everyone doing?
It's my first "real" season, and it's ....... mediocre. I went 15-7-3 as a rookie and was assigned to Taiga C this session. I'm 5-6-1 to date and 13 out of 22. In the bottom half, but at least there are still four players between me and the relegation zone. But it has been fun and the second week has been better than the first. I think I averaged maybe 1.5 to 2 correct answers per day the first week; have been averaging better than three per day recently. Current goal is to finish in the top half. We'll see if that happens.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Started watching Blackkklansman yesterday, well after submitting. Turns out the Colorado Springs newspaper is a gazette and their fake identity works or lives in Pueblo (I forget which). Knowing one of those earlier would've been nice, but not critical...nothing (3) or (4) beats a (6)...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

In the red zone! Leading my rundle in CAA :(

Just broke a 5-game non-winning streak though, so maybe things are turning around ;)
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

From the Current Events thread, June 23:
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:14 pm Khaby Lame is now the most followed TikTok star in the world after surpassing Charli D'Amelio.

(I just copied and pasted this headline from Twitter. I have no idea who this person is, or what they do. But thanks to that easy-to-remember last name, if it shows up in LearnedLeague in a couple of months, I'll get it. Or hate myself for forgetting it, one of the 2.)
:cry:
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:30 am From the Current Events thread, June 23:
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:14 pm Khaby Lame is now the most followed TikTok star in the world after surpassing Charli D'Amelio.

(I just copied and pasted this headline from Twitter. I have no idea who this person is, or what they do. But thanks to that easy-to-remember last name, if it shows up in LearnedLeague in a couple of months, I'll get it. Or hate myself for forgetting it, one of the 2.)
TikTok is evil, and no one should be using it.

https://ruinmyweek.com/tiktok/is-tiktok-safe/
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Thanks! I committed his unforgettable surname to memory knowing Thorsten would almost certainly use him.
Volante

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:58 am
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:30 am From the Current Events thread, June 23:

TikTok is evil, and no one should be using it.

https://ruinmyweek.com/tiktok/is-tiktok-safe/
If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. That's not just a TikTok phenomenon.

Can't believe my opponent didn't know London...wasted my zero... Course, when you expect to get six-packed, you get complacent on scoring. No longer in the champion zone, but still a lot of season left.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Yesterday was my 2nd 9(5) this season. My offensive efficiency is .526, and I've had 9 3 pointers already this season. 11-2-1. I think I'm going to find myself on the Lluckiest Llama Llist.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Another day of outrunning the other players, not necessarily the bear. (3rd place now... :shock: )

Almost got the tennis player too; "Oh, the Australian that retired...Ashleigh B...B... B... Buhhhh...five letters, 'R' in there somewhere... Burke?..."
Least it didn't cost me.

Guatemala Belize, coincidentally in the same order in Yakko's song.
Also... https://learnedleague.com/question.php?72&12&6

This is getting weird... https://www.learnedleague.com/question.php?80&9&6
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Wozniacki and Swiatek are two distinct tennis players and human beings, and you can't merge them into one. Now I know this.

I presume my opponent yesterday noted American History was my best topic when he zeroed me on John Kerry's running mate. Though I'll admit to a bit of a "ha ha, gotcha!" feeling, it is mostly embarrassment. Still, I'm not sorry he zeroed me.

I think I remember a New York Post headline announcing the choice of Dick Gephardt as Kerry's running mate. In any case, though, it is on me to make sure.
I'm smart and I want respect.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

This site provides some interesting statistics when you look up a Llama:

https://mjeziorski.shinyapps.io/LL_players/
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Lefty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:31 pm I think I remember a New York Post headline announcing the choice of Dick Gephardt as Kerry's running mate. In any case, though, it is on me to make sure.
My ex used to work for Gephardt. I got to know him pretty well. Even though I couldn't figure out how to start his car once and was late picking him up at the airport.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

alietr wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:55 pm
Lefty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:31 pm I think I remember a New York Post headline announcing the choice of Dick Gephardt as Kerry's running mate. In any case, though, it is on me to make sure.
My ex used to work for Gephardt. I got to know him pretty well. Even though I couldn't figure out how to start his car once and was late picking him up at the airport.
And so here we find ourselves today.
I'm smart and I want respect.