Thursday, February 2, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Re: Thursday, February 2, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Referring to Frank Gehry as an "American architect" really tripped me up. He has lived here most of his life and apparently became a naturalized dual citizen at some point, but he was born and raised in Toronto.

Super-easy FJ!...unless of course you mix up the Golden Fleece with Francis Drake's Golden Hind :oops:
Sprinkles are for winners.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Thursday, February 2, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by reddpen »

Woof wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:28 pm I thought Matthew looked familiar. He’s an A Rundler in LL and on the Sobermetrics team in OQL (where I’ve seen him). Very impressive debut for him.
Not just any A Rundler either; he finished 142nd in last year's LLRC, and 154th in 2020. Guy might be around for a while (says the guy who's a week behind). [NB: That link probably won't work unless you're already in LL.]
BigDaddyMatty wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:09 am Referring to Frank Gehry as an "American architect" really tripped me up. He has lived here most of his life and apparently became a naturalized dual citizen at some point, but he was born and raised in Toronto.
What tripped me up was the comical mismatch between the memorial's subject and its architect. I thought of Gehry... but for an Eisenhower memorial?! That's like having Dali paint Lindbergh (Charles, not Anne).
In and out of the pool four times