Any boardies taping on Monday April 3?? tfb and tfg will be in audience!!!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Any boardies taping on Monday April 3?? tfb and tfg will be in audience!!!

Post by twelvefootboy »

Just in case lightning strikes and we get yet another boardie on this season, the twelvefootcouple will be attending the Monday PM taping on April 3. I'm sure anybody taping in 3 days has other things on their mind but if you are checking the board, give me a PM or break the news to us all so we can be biased observers and root you on!

You can even get free beer or coffee out of us if you want to take the chance and spare the time which you have precious little of. AFRETCMS can vouch that we aren't Ax Murderers, or as far as the law knows...

end of announcement - contact info is (spell out the numeral)12footboy@gmail.com or four17-5too9-ate697 for text or 3 AM phone calls lol..

(edited to install security feature - thanks, V(anonymous)!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Any boardies taping on Monday April 3?? tfb and tfg will be in audience!!!

Post by AFRET CMS »

twelvefootboy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:23 pm Just in case lightning strikes and we get yet another boardie on this season, the twelvefootcouple will be attending the Monday PM taping on April 3. I'm sure anybody taping in 3 days has other things on their mind but if you are checking the board, give me a PM or break the news to us all so we can be biased observers and root you on!

You can even get free beer or coffee out of us if you want to take the chance and spare the time which you have precious little of. AFRETCMS can vouch that we aren't Ax Murderers, or as far as the law knows...

end of announcement - contact info is (spell out the numeral)12footboy@gmail.com or four17-5too9-ate697 for text or 3 AM phone calls lol..

I can certify that I have met tfb and tfg in person, and neither of them murdered me with an ax. Or an axe.

Of course, for the sake of accuracy, we should also note that over the course of her life, Lizzie Borden met hundreds and hundreds of people who can make the same statement I just did.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

twelvefootboy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:23 pm Just in case lightning strikes and we get yet another boardie on this season, the twelvefootcouple will be attending the Monday PM taping on April 3. I'm sure anybody taping in 3 days has other things on their mind but if you are checking the board, give me a PM or break the news to us all so we can be biased observers and root you on!

Are they still requiring masks for audience members?
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

cf1140 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:49 pm

I heard from a contestant whose episode appears shortly that they have in fact phased out requiring masks for audience members, although the crew is still wearing them. This was a very recent development and I don't know exactly which tape date this took effect.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

cf1140 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:49 pm

(sorry for late reply, being perpetually logged out disables the notifications and I'm also kind of lazy ;).)

(as of early April 2023): Answer to question is NO! A handful of guests in line wore masks, but I don't recall any staff members having them.

I can only share our experience of standing in line in the parking structure with our tickets on the phone. We were in back of the line and at least 30 of us did not get seats because of overbooking. The staff seemed genuinely surprised at the turnout. We were guaranteed seating for future shows, but I think it has to be one that still has tickets available. I obtained one for the next morning that indicated priority admission, but was unable to make it fit our schedule. They don't send you a "golden ticket", but the booking app seems to know you were turned away.

We were on time in the queue but the credential checking was very painfully slow with each pair of wristbands taking about 2 minutes. It might have been because they were managing the seat count. We had our Covid cards AND our passports available. (the passport requirement is for kids, your D/L should be fine)

Even though I was there in 2017, I allowed our GPS to mislead us and we went to two different wrong gates. Make sure you input the right coordinates to your Nav app instead of just the name.

Please let us know the inside scoop if you attend a taping (excluding spoilers of course)!

Plagiarism alert: The audience guidelines that accompanied my ticket:

the TLDR portion with Covid info:
Spoiler
YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AND BOOSTED (IF ELIGIBLE) TO ATTEND. In order to be eligible to attend, you must have had your second shot of Moderna or Pfizer or 1 shot of J&J no later than two weeks before the date on your ticket and be "up to date" on your booster if eligible. "Up to date" means that you have obtained all recommended vaccine and booster doses when eligible as recommended by the CDC (currently at least 5 months after the last dose of an individual's primary vaccine series). An individual is "up to date" immediately after receiving their booster dose (i.e., there is no waiting period).
The whole enchilada:
Spoiler
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL POTENTIAL AUDIENCE MEMBERS
SHOW DAY INFORMATION IS BELOW.

To allow as many fans as possible to see the show live, please choose only one arrival per day. If you would like to stay for additional arrivals, check with our audience coordinator after your session is finished. We can accommodate if room permits.

WE ARE EXCITED THAT YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE STUDIO AUDIENCE. We want to do everything possible to ensure you have a great time. To ensure you are able to enter the Sony lot and attend Jeopardy! without issues, PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW.

EACH MEMBER OF YOUR PARTY MUST GET THEIR OWN TICKET.

ARRIVE NO LATER THAN THE TIME ON YOUR TICKET. You must bring two things to be admitted to the taping, a valid government-issued photo ID (adults) and a passport, school ID or birth certificate (minors). You must also show your up-to-date vaccination AND booster documentation (if applicable) at audience check in. Please show ID to guard and let them know you a part of the Jeopardy! audience. You will be directed where to park. After parking, take elevator to ground level to check in at the visitor center and with an audience coordinator. Jeopardy! generally tapes a total of 5 shows a day with 2 different audiences. You will either see the taping of 2 or 3 episodes. Please allow approximately 3 to 4 hours for your entire Jeopardy! experience from arrival through the conclusion of the final taping. We strongly suggest you eat before. No food or drinks will be allowed inside the studio.

Plan accordingly. Please do not be late. We would rather you be 10 minutes early and ready to check in than late.

You can print out your ticket or show on your phone.

No Large Bag or purses allowed. No backpacks or suitcases. Small clutch purses are a good option.

YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AND BOOSTED (IF ELIGIBLE) TO ATTEND. In order to be eligible to attend, you must have had your second shot of Moderna or Pfizer or 1 shot of J&J no later than two weeks before the date on your ticket and be "up to date" on your booster if eligible. "Up to date" means that you have obtained all recommended vaccine and booster doses when eligible as recommended by the CDC (currently at least 5 months after the last dose of an individual's primary vaccine series). An individual is "up to date" immediately after receiving their booster dose (i.e., there is no waiting period).

Each audience member is required to read and agree to the COVID Safety Requirements below, and agrees to assume all risks in connection with COVID-19 and to waive any legal claims:

COVID SAFETY REQUIREMENTS

In order to attend a Jeopardy! taping, you and your guests, including any minors, must comply with the venues instructions and procedures posted online or on-site or communicated at the taping.

All attendees must provide proof that they are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters as defined by the CDC and a valid government-issued photo ID (adults) and a school ID, birth certificate, or passport (minors).

(U.S.): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... o-date.htm (outside U.S.):https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... broad.html

All attendees will follow the health screening process.

Do not attend if you are symptomatic or had a positive test within the past 10 days, or have been advised to quarantine or isolate.

Please be advised that we are unable to make any exceptions to the above requirements other than approved reasonable accommodations as may be required by law. To request accommodations, please contact jeopardy_tickets@spe.sony.com

COVID-19 has created inherent risks associated with being in public places and/or in proximity to others including contracting COVID-19, serious illness, death, and transmission of COVID-19. By attending this taping, you are voluntarily assuming any and all health and/or safety risks of the taping, including contracting COVID-19, and you agree to waive any legal claims against Sony Pictures Entertainment and its affiliates arising from your attendance or that of any minor accompanying you to the fullest extent permitted under the law.

STUDIO LOCATION-Sony Pictures Studios,3970 Overland Ave,Culver City, CA 90232, Free parking is available through the Overland Ave gate entrance.

We cannot wait to see you in the studio audience of Jeopardy!
MINIMUM AGE: 8
DRESS CODE:
Casual business attire. Layer up as it could get cool in the studio.
DISCLAIMER:
The event is FREE. Sale of this ticket is prohibited. This ticket must be presented on or before the scheduled arrival time indicated on the ticket in order to be valid. The ticket is revocable at any time. The producers reserve the right to refuse admission and/or search any individual and his/her possessions. By acceptance of this Ticket, the Ticket holder (Holder) acknowledges and agrees to all of the following conditions: Holder hereby releases The Production Company of this event, The Studio, On-Camera Audiences, Inc. and their respective owners, partners, subsidiary or affiliated companies, and their sponsors, telecasters, distributors, stations, and the respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, successors and assigns of all of the foregoing (collectively, the "Parties"), from and against any liability for loss or damage to persons or property or for the infringement of any rights and from any and all claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever. The Parties assume no responsibility and shall have no liability (including for negligence) for any injury, damage, or loss to holder's person or property while on the premises. Holder assumes all risk of damage, injury, and/or loss. Each of the Parties respectively reserves the right to refuse Holder admission and to revoke any other rights granted to the Holder by the Parties at any time, without refund of any portion of the ticket price, if any, for disorderly/offensive conduct or failure to comply with the Parties respective rules, the safety protocols, the terms stated herein, or applicable laws, or for any other reason whatsoever as determined by the Parties, in their sole discretion. This check-in voucher has no value, cash or otherwise, and may not be sold or exchanged under penalty of law; any such attempted or actual sale or transfer of the voucher invalidates the voucher and is grounds for seizure of the voucher. On-Camera Audiences or "the show" is not responsible for any travel and/or parking expenses you incur in conjunction with attending, whether you are admitted into a taping or not.

Performances of Jeopardy! and all versions thereof (Jeopardy!) are videotaped on a sound stage for future and other exploitation including but not limited to the advertising, promotion, and marketing of "Jeopardy!" By entering the sound stage, you irrevocably consent to be filmed, taped, televised, videotaped or photographed and to the use of your name, face, likeness, voice, appearance, actions and activities by "Jeopardy!" in all media (including social media), now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the universe. You release Jeopardy! and the parties, and their respective employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability for loss and damage to person or property, and you agree to comply with all rules and regulations of "Jeopardy!"By entering the SPE Studio Lot, you hearby consent to video surveillance and a search of your vehicle and/or personal belongings at any time. In addition, before entering the Sony Pictures Studios (SPE) Lot, you will be required to undergo a security screening check that includes a metal detector and a bag check. All suitcases, large bags, and backpacks are strictly prohibited. Smoking, food, beverages, recording equipment, and weapons of any kind are also strictly prohibited. This includes extra personal belongings such as food and beverage containers. Sony Pictures Studios (SPE) strictly prohibits the unauthorized use of cameras or any other recording devices - including cell phone cameras, smart watches, and cameras. Cell phones, smart watches, and cameras must be COMPLETELY TURNED OFF and PUT AWAY during tapings. Individuals who do not comply with this requirement are subject to removal from the Stage and/or Sony Pictures Studios (SPE) Lot.

We typically get everyone in that is in line by the arrival time. (EXCEPT FOR TWELVEFOOTPEOPLE LOL)
Occasionally there are factors out of our control that reduces capacity on set last minute which may result in a few turnaways. If you are on time and do not get in, you will receive a guaranteed pass for another taping.

The Show is committed to making tapings accessible to persons with disabilities. If you or anyone in your party requires an accommodation to attend because of a disability, please let us know 48hrs before your taping date. Please email tickets@ocatv.com.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Overbooking by 30 more is absolutely inexcusable. There have been a number of complaints throughout the season of being turned away, including one woman who flew out just to attend a taping. At this point I can only conclude that the show simply doesn't care. There's not actually any tangible harm in having a few empty seats.
Trevor807
Loyal Jeopardista
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (moving back to Bradley, Illinois soon)

Post by Trevor807 »

Agreed. I swear, if I had a dollar for every mistake the show's made since Harry left and Alex died (especially with the current producer in charge), I'd have at least a small fortune.
“Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously.” - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Pegasus icon by Siahri!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Ironhorse wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:24 pm Overbooking by 30 more is absolutely inexcusable. There have been a number of complaints throughout the season of being turned away, including one woman who flew out just to attend a taping. At this point I can only conclude that the show simply doesn't care. There's not actually any tangible harm in having a few empty seats.
We don’t see the audience so it’s not like anyone will know if some seats are empty. I bet if they didn’t overbook they could replace the no shows by letting in anyone who just happened to show up at the last minute.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:07 am We don’t see the audience so it’s not like anyone will know if some seats are empty.
#8849, for one, began with a full frontal camera sweep of the entire audience. I think they do this maybe once a week or once every couple weeks. Every other show begins with an over-the-shoulder shot of the audience. The games that have aired to date have masked audiences.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I just read that the 4/26 taping was postponed.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:07 am
Ironhorse wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:24 pm Overbooking by 30 more is absolutely inexcusable. There have been a number of complaints throughout the season of being turned away, including one woman who flew out just to attend a taping. At this point I can only conclude that the show simply doesn't care. There's not actually any tangible harm in having a few empty seats.
We don’t see the audience so it’s not like anyone will know if some seats are empty. I bet if they didn’t overbook they could replace the no shows by letting in anyone who just happened to show up at the last minute.
They do (or did) let walkups in if there is space. Our original game plan was to walk up without tickets for an afternoon taping, but we changed plans due to rain and actually had tickets the following week which did us no good. When we went in 2017 we saw them accept several walkups for an afternoon taping, and there were about 20 extra seats in the audience.

I should clarify that my guess of 30 turnaways was the number of people in line when they started taking our info. Some of them might have been processed ahead of us but at least 20 of us were declined.