LearnedLeague 99 (LL99) Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: LearnedLeague 99 (LL99) Thread

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Rotten season, and I'll be relegated to Keystone B for LL100. And then my opponent forfeited on day 25, so I probably won't even make the "Unluckiest LLamas" list either. Can't win for losing.

I did work out the "municipal" sports team name, mostly, and was given credit for Gothamites.
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by teapot37 »

Woof wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:52 am
econgator wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:43 am
This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:06 am edit: one of my referrals mentioned to me that he joined the Ketteman Club today by achieving his 500th consecutive match day without a forfeit. That made me look at my records page and today is my 1,000th!
Mine, too! Congrats!
Me three! And I believe Teapot37 joins us, too
Indeed, a few of us started in LL60.

I had a goal this season for at least 126 TCA, which would have brought me to exactly .800 on my CA%. It was achievable as late as MD20, but I had rough days in MD20 and MD23 which left me five short. I can hit it by MD5 next season if I go 6-6-6-6-5 in some order!
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

I thought I was playing pretty well (most CA (99) of my 30 seasons and .660 vs career .576) but I finished 0-5- 4 to (probably)end up back in C. Bad luck dammit! But I've had my share of good luck too.
Sherm

Post by Sherm »

My daily goal is 4 right. More than that is a good day and less than that. I hope to do better.

A rundle. It doesn't cut it. My record with 4 right this season 0-10-4. Some of that is bad luck, but with an overall record of 3-15-7. I'm back in the B rundle I should be in. I hoped with a little luck I could hang around in the A for a couple seasons. I'll settle with one.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

I had my second lowest TCA in 16 seasons with only 59, eleven fewer than LL98. I did freefall from 1st place on MD15 to a finish of 9th place to stay in Waterfront D2.
I'll try to summarize the Bizzaro rundle results before next season. I've got a lot of distractors for a while :).
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

twelvefootboy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:46 pm ... I did freefall from 1st place on MD15 to a finish of 9th place to stay in Waterfront D2
Gosh, that must have been rough. I can't imagine how I would feel if it happened to me. Oh, wait .... it did. Although my fall from 1st started on match day 11, before my ultimate finish in 9th (with a brief sojourn or two in 10th).

I really appreciate the referral to LL. But I don't remember you telling me it meant I had to follow your lead that closely. Should have checked the fine print.....
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

AFRET CMS wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:04 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:46 pm ... I did freefall from 1st place on MD15 to a finish of 9th place to stay in Waterfront D2
Gosh, that must have been rough. I can't imagine how I would feel if it happened to me. Oh, wait .... it did. Although my fall from 1st started on match day 11, before my ultimate finish in 9th (with a brief sojourn or two in 10th).

I really appreciate the referral to LL. But I don't remember you telling me it meant I had to follow your lead that closely. Should have checked the fine print.....
I was 10th after MD 16, ended up 25th. It was painful. I guess it could have been worse as there were five unfortunates below me in my 30 person rundle. Not much solace.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Couldn't you have padded your length of reign a little more like I did? On further review, I actually held first place on MD11 for the last time (compared to your MD10), and was in the promotion zone on MD20 for the last time. It just felt like I blew the lead later than I did. I thought my soft schedule the last 4 games would give me a comeback chance but the

MD15 was memorable for being my first bagel in recent memory (this says more about my memory than my trivia chops).
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

twelvefootboy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:44 pm

Couldn't you have padded your length of reign a little more like I did? On further review, I actually held first place on MD11 for the last time (compared to your MD10), and was in the promotion zone on MD20 for the last time. It just felt like I blew the lead later than I did. I thought my soft schedule the last 4 games would give me a comeback chance but the

MD15 was memorable for being my first bagel in recent memory (this says more about my memory than my trivia chops).
It was actually a lot better than I expected my first foray into the B level to be. I figured I would probably wind up back in C immediately, but I was in the middle of the pack in TCA and had my best DE to date (though it was also middle-of-the-pack). So I get to hang around B for one more season.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
twelvefootboy

Private Rundle created for all rapscallions and boardie detritus

Post by twelvefootboy »

Sorry to be rather inattentive, I haven't got into the Jeopardy groove with these constant tournaments.
There is no rational reason, as all of these people are mostly new to me again.

The deadline for registration is Feb 8.
credentials are : JboardLLtank100 / AlexTrebek

If anyone has any questions about this motley rundle, might be best to email me at gmail. You can guess the handle. I'll try to watch for PM's here just like I watch for my tax documents every January :).
I'll try to tally the last results to see who got second behind our perpetual champ mahatma 8-) . All the veterans know that the rules pretty much change daily, so I'll keep counting until we get the result I want.

On topic, there is an interesting Nuclear energy 1DS today.

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Hey! On Monday Feb 5th, check out morbeedo's 1DS on The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:21 am Hey! On Monday Feb 5th, check out morbeedo's 1DS on The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Woot!