Fun with Fox's "The Floor"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: Fun with Fox's "The Floor"

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:05 pm
seaborgium wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:50 pm I like the position the U.S. States contestant is in right now. The randomizer can't select her now that she's played, and she's not accessible to anyone it does select. It wouldn't surprise me if she manages to lie low until the finale (I say this having completely forgotten the lay of the land in the future episode I accidentally caught online).
When the one hit wonders guy gets picked he has no choice but to challenge whoever owns the big spot. Whoever wins that could then go after her although they would have many other options including the other really huge space.
Same deal with the person with Transportation.
Douglas Squasoni
Game Girl
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Game Girl »

for the political category I am kind of shocked they accepted Jackson considering the amount of Jackson's they are historically in politics. (I know jeopardy if there is a decent amount it will make you say the first name) It is cool watching to see their reasoning for choosing but it really ruins the strategic elements when everyone is saying what they have problems and so their competitors can catch them. (as seen after president categories where she says she has trouble with the surrounding categories for various reasons)

this was the worst book category I am not sure how they chose the covers but they are generics. we got someone saying 'this part is really weird' with the countdown. it is for drama and the footage editors. (just be happy she is not on some of the foreign versions Tu urmezi (Romanian) which use images of lightning bolts with stormy skies) she said eyelash curler even the subtitles got it. she lost because of that so she should come back or something. megamind really did make me think the film montage got mixed. I guess I am starting to see that when they run out of stuff they go to cartoon characters.

if they ever get a renewal for the show they will really really need to fix the timer controllers because I have seen three seconds pass without a stop after an answer and usually they are the three seconds in which a person wins or losers. It also makes the show looks sloppy, and like a nonworking game. I think some of the issues is the judging table but they need to give back the seconds after they finish and not allowed the buzzer to timeout. if anyone here can think of a good time lock way I would love to hear. (my best guess would be one button for fact checking in one button for accepting)

I have a whole paragraph with 6 sentences about anything but I am cutting it. I will say I was singing I "see you play the game" while watching this. (it was a disaster on Golden Row forum when I explained montages for the Bob Barker tribute and I was just explaining on screen possible editing methods not reasoning for them) of course you see I am geeking out on the footage editors perspective. but I will say with the amount of promotional footage she appears in keep an eye out for the woman in the star hoodie. (granted a lot of the promotional footage she appears is also repetitive so keep that in mind)

this is a lyric video of the song mentioned.
(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TU_mHIZeq4I) - I think it is official
Last edited by Game Girl on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Some of the contestants have amused me when trying to act like a villain with arrogance or boasting. I like that not all 81 have been trying to portray the episodes as kumbaya. Whether natural behavior, producer coaxed or mind games it's fine by me that the show is not displaying nice all the time.

Once a match is over the good sports gestures are fine and no longer is there a need to try to psych some one. Before a match? Sure, stick your tongue out or predict winning.

Rob seemed to have a fair amount of post production work to do to summarize vocally floor tallies as often his audio sounded different when giving updates.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:02 am Some of the contestants have amused me when trying to act like a villain with arrogance or boasting. I like that not all 81 have been trying to portray the episodes as kumbaya. Whether natural behavior, producer coaxed or mind games it's fine by me that the show is not displaying nice all the time.

Once a match is over the good sports gestures are fine and no longer is there a need to try to psych some one. Before a match? Sure, stick your tongue out or predict winning.

Rob seemed to have a fair amount of post production work to do to summarize vocally floor tallies as often his audio sounded different when giving updates.
I wonder if he really reads out all the choices “live” or if there is a list we can’t see and then he adds his narration later if they actually make a challenge.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:06 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:05 pm
seaborgium wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:50 pm I like the position the U.S. States contestant is in right now. The randomizer can't select her now that she's played, and she's not accessible to anyone it does select. It wouldn't surprise me if she manages to lie low until the finale (I say this having completely forgotten the lay of the land in the future episode I accidentally caught online).
When the one hit wonders guy gets picked he has no choice but to challenge whoever owns the big spot. Whoever wins that could then go after her although they would have many other options including the other really huge space.
Same deal with the person with Transportation.
The hip hop lady only has one neighbor as well but it doesn’t have that much territory right now.

The person in control at the end will have an interesting choice. They can challenge the other remaining player at their category or they can step down and get to play their own category.

It kind of sucks the winner could very well be someone who only has to play one match. It will be funny if the final category is one neither player knows anything about, like identifying hip hop or country singers.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Episodes 9 & 10 to conclude the season (series) will be on back-to-back 8-10 on Feb. 27th.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

EPISODE 7
Spoiler
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

We are down to 25 players. Of those there are 18 who only have one square and can be picked by the randomizer. From those 18, two only have one neighbor, each on one of the big sections.

Of the other seven:

One controls 26 squares (Human body)
One controls 24 squares (One hit wonders)
Three control 3 squares (Country music, snacks, international foods)
Two control 2 squares (US States, Geography)