Jeopardy! Masters renewed for Season 2

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Jeopardy! Masters renewed for Season 2

Post by gameshowfandanny »

It had been mentioned in the finals of Masters last year when Ken said that James, Mattea, and Matt would return, but ABC has now confirmed that Season 2 of Masters will air this spring.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/celebrity- ... 235821151/
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Jeopardy! Masters renewed for Season 2

Post by opusthepenguin »

This is so exciting. I was worried we'd have to return to the format of one returning champion and two new players that we've never seen before. :roll:
Trevor807
Loyal Jeopardista
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (moving back to Bradley, Illinois soon)

Post by Trevor807 »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:40 pm This is so exciting. I was worried we'd have to return to the format of one returning champion and two new players that we've never seen before. :roll:
It's not part of the normal show. It's for primetime, like the first season.
“Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously.” - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Pegasus icon by Siahri!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Trevor807 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:07 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:40 pm This is so exciting. I was worried we'd have to return to the format of one returning champion and two new players that we've never seen before. :roll:
It's not part of the normal show. It's for primetime, like the first season.
Ah! Summer viewing. That's all right then.
Trevor807
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Trevor807 »

Now let's pray Michael Davies doesn't lurk on this board and see this thread. Otherwise he'll read your comment and add a Masters tournament to the season 41 postseason. ;)
“Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously.” - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Pegasus icon by Siahri!
OrchidEntity
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by OrchidEntity »

Is this really surprising, though?
"Everything ends. Life goes on. I'll be gone. So will you. So hug people tightly. Take joy in their heartbeats and drink something cold and go play in the shade. That is all." -Bob Harris, Prisoner of Trebekistan
-
I post whatever (but mostly mushrooms and nature stuff) on Bluesky.
Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Sherm »

I didn't watch it last year, and if they don't actually get masters involved. I doubt I'll watch it again. When I saw who was involved last year, its was easy to see that Holzhauer was likely to run roughshod over the field and just looking at the games in the archive it appears that he normally did. I was fine with Amy Schneider, thats a TOC winner, but to grab 4 others from the last season. They lost me, and its hard for Jeopardy to lose me.

Get Roger Craig and Alex Jacob on there with Holzhauer, and I'm interested. Give us whoever wins this year skip all the people from last year, and throw in 4 others from the last ten years. We know the people capable of it. L. Kelly, M Jackson would top the non-winners, but Craig and Jacob should top the wish list. Jacob put on a clinic in his TOC. It might be the most impressive play of anyone on that show in a tourny setting in the last 15 years. That last time I remember seeing him, he was beating up on Rutter and Mueller in the all stars.

My guess is Davies is thinking the he'll get viewership based on people seeing those from this years TOC playing. Fans need to know the people. He's wrong. Put Joon Pahk on there and if he knocks Holzhauer on his butt in the first show. That will get people interested real fast. There are only a handful of people on the planet capable of doing that. They would be the masters, and thats who I'd like to see.

Better yet. Let Buzzy host and get Jennings out there with Holzhauer and 4 others.

Better, better yet. Let Rutter host and get Buzzy out there. Now, we need three more.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

S&P probably won’t let Buzzy play. Last year’s Masters was just James plus the TOC finalists and I don’t want to see that again. We all love Sam but I don’t think he deserves another shot.

What exactly is the Jeopardy Invitational Tournament coming up? Who all is going to be in it?
Trevor807
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Trevor807 »

Ken also stated he's retired from playing.

I agree that Davies made a mistake in not having much of a variety of players. But if something works in his head, it automatically works in real life as far as he's concerned.

Pegasus icon by Siahri!