Season 40 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Season 40 Preemptions

Post by Bamaman »

Birmingham, AL, also will miss the show.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

Will probably be some preemptions today on CBS affiliates. Because of NFL playoff football on Sunday, the PGA Tour started this week's event a day early and CBS is airing the third round from 4-7cst today. In the DFW market Jeopardy will air at the usual time but on KTXA-21.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Golf wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:07 pm Will probably be some preemptions today on CBS affiliates. Because of NFL playoff football on Sunday, the PGA Tour started this week's event a day early and CBS is airing the third round from 4-7cst today. In the DFW market Jeopardy will air at the usual time but on KTXA-21.
I saw this message too late, but thank God, my DVR picked up the late-night airing.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

State of the Union, Thursday, March 7th
Republican response: Alabama Sen. Katie Britt

If you are in the West there will not be a game show airing at 7.

KGO is showing WoF then J! at 10.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Even before the State of the Union address, there's election coverage on Tuesday, March 5th.

KABC has J! scheduled for 1:03 A.M. (technically Wednesday, March 6th), but I'll pad my DVR recording, just in case.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:54 pm State of the Union, Thursday, March 7th

For those who watched the SOTU response, she is the smarter of our two senators.
davey

Post by davey »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:54 pm State of the Union, Thursday, March 7th

For those who watched the SOTU response, she is the smarter of our two senators.
Did she go to an acting school??... ;)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm

Clearing Tuberville's hurdle ain't exactly a tough task.

At one point, I couldn't tell if she was making an ASMR video, a Hallmark movie, an HR department chief preparing to lay off a slew of employees, or a Stepford wife.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Alas, the March 14, 2024 ToC QF3 DJ! and FJ! have been preempted in Cleveland by tornado warning coverage.

As of 9:09 PM Eastern, the preemption coverage is still going. I'm headed to bed.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

There is a Big East Tournament basketball game on Fox 2:30-4:30 PT on Friday the 15th. It will be followed by a 30-minute postgame show.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

The first 11 clues in the J! round were lost due to severe weather coverage in the DFW area.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:55 pm Alas, the March 14, 2024 ToC QF3 DJ! and FJ! have been preempted in Cleveland by tornado warning coverage.

As of 9:09 PM Eastern, the preemption coverage is still going. I'm headed to bed.
Here in Indianapolis the weather seemingly took out Wheel, Jeopardy, and possibly all three hours of Law and Order on our NBC affiliate. Luckily I was able find to an upload to watch. (of Jeopardy that is, Law and Order you have to wait to stream the next day!)
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:55 pm Alas, the March 14, 2024 ToC QF3 DJ! and FJ! have been preempted in Cleveland by tornado warning coverage.

The whole episode was preempted in St. Louis for the same reason.
Sheepin' it real.
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

So, I've just completed my first pass through the 71 CBS stations airing J!, to get the impacts ensuing this coming Thursday and Friday from the first round of the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship (colloquially, and hereinafter, "March Madness"). Of course, these will be two JIT quarterfinals, though exactly which two are yet unknown.
  • Twenty-eight stations are currently showing they won't air the two episodes at all. In the biggest 60 markets, these include WOIO in Cleveland, WFMY in Greensboro, NC, WIMT in Birmingham, AL, KRQE in Albuquerque, WREG in Memphis, and WPRI in Providence. Keep an eye on the listings for these; we're still several days out, and things could change or information could be updated.
  • Eight stations will keep the usual airing time, but shift to a sister station. Among these are, as expected, the two biggest CBS affiliates – Dallas (to KTXA, channel 21) and Boston (WSBK, channel 38). The others: Louisville; Buffalo; Lexington, KY; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Flint, MI; and Myrtle Beach-Florence, SC.
  • Thirteen markets are unaffected. Jeopardy airs between the early and late tournament coverage windows in these places. Twelve are 4:30 CT markets, most notably among them San Antonio; the thirteenth is KXJB-LD in Fargo, ND, which airs the show a half hour later. (A fourteenth DMA, Monroe, LA-El Dorado, AR, normally goes at 4 CT and shows no change, but if when the hoops runs late, a "join in progress" might will eventuate.)
  • The affected Pacific markets will do as they usually do. Here, there are few, actually. In Vegas and in Bakersfield, CA, 10 PM; deep in the Willamette Valley on KVAL, a half hour earlier.
  • Three Eastern markets intend to go early. One of them, WRDW in Augusta, GA/Aiken, SC, plans to air those two episodes at 10:30 AM ET. That's the one some of us are familiar with. (Cue Dave Loggins.) WSWG in Albany, GA does the same. But here's the thing — on what I saw, WTSP in Tampa-St. Petersburg, Troy Meyer's home market, will air the episodes at 9:30 AM, an hour earlier than the previous two. That might be of some interest to some members of this forum.
  • I think everyone else is going late night Eastern time. Again, and as always, check your local listings.
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

mfc248 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:35 am So, I've just completed my first pass through the 71 CBS stations airing J!, to get the impacts ensuing this coming Thursday and Friday from the first round of the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship (colloquially, and hereinafter, "March Madness"). Of course, these will be two JIT quarterfinals, though exactly which two are yet unknown.
  • Twenty-eightTwenty-one stations on Thursday and nineteen on Friday are currently showing they won't air the two episodes at all. In the biggest 60 markets, these include WOIO in Cleveland, WFMY in Greensboro, NC, WIMT in Birmingham, AL, KRQE in Albuquerque, WREG in Memphis, and WPRI in Providence. Keep an eye on the listings for these; we're still several days out, and things could change or information could be updated.
  • Eight stations will keep the usual airing time, but shift to a sister station. Among these are, as expected, the two biggest CBS affiliates – Dallas (to KTXA, channel 21) and Boston (WSBK, channel 38). The others: Louisville; Buffalo; Lexington, KY; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Flint, MI; and Myrtle Beach-Florence, SC.
  • Thirteen markets are unaffected. Jeopardy airs between the early and late tournament coverage windows in these places. Twelve are 4:30 CT markets, most notably among them San Antonio; the thirteenth is KXJB-LD in Fargo, ND, which airs the show a half hour later. (A fourteenth DMA, Monroe, LA-El Dorado, AR, normally goes at 4 CT and shows no change, but if when the hoops runs late, a "join in progress" might will eventuate.)
  • The affected Pacific markets will do as they usually do. Here, there are few, actually. In Vegas and in Bakersfield, CA, 10 PM; deep in the Willamette Valley on KVAL, a half hour earlier.
  • Three Eastern markets intend to go early. One of them, WRDW in Augusta, GA/Aiken, SC, plans to air those two episodes at 10:30 AM ET. That's the one some of us are familiar with. (Cue Dave Loggins.) WSWG in Albany, GA does the same. But here's the thing — on what I saw, WTSP in Tampa-St. Petersburg, Troy Meyer's home market, will air the episodes at 9:30 AM, an hour earlier than the previous two. That might be of some interest to some members of this forum.
  • I think everyone else is going late night Eastern time. Again, and as always, check your local listings.
Update with additional information:
  • WOIO in Cleveland now shows 2:37 AM ET
  • WFMY in Greensboro now shows 3:07 AM ET
  • KRQE in Albuquerque now shows 1:07 AM MT
  • Providence is moving to its sister station (WPRI-TV2, MyTV)
  • Two additional places are showing early airings — Fort Wayne, IN at 10:30 AM ET, and Corpus Christi, TX at 9:30 AM CT
Link to the Google Sheet with all the impacts
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

mfc248 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:50 pm WOIO in Cleveland now shows 2:37 AM ET
Here's the full press release
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - WOIO is asking our viewers to please see below for a programming note in regards to “Jeopardy!”

Programming changes will occur Thursday, March 21, and Friday, March 22, due to 2024 NCAA March Madness.

Jeopardy is moving to air immediately following After Midnight on CBS on both nights. The approximate start time is 2:37:28 a.m. due to potential basketball runover. Viewers wishing to record Jeopardy should be advised to schedule recording from 2 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. to ensure they get the full 30-minute show.

Thank you.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Monday, April 8th:
NBC: 11:00-1:00 PT Total Eclipse 2024
CBS: 11:00-:12:30 Total Eclipse of the Heartland
ABC: 11:00-1:00 Eclipse Across America
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

That's weird, all the live coverage ends way before totality (at least where I am in Ohio, where it's 3:15 PM).
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:38 am That's weird, all the live coverage ends way before totality (at least where I am in Ohio, where it's 3:15 PM).
You sure? Mark's times are in PT.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

AndyTheQuizzer wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am Mark's times are in PT.
Thanks, I missed that.