My e-book on my "Jeopardy!" experience now available

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: My e-book on my "Jeopardy!" experience now available

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote:There's one good thing about naming non-existent children -- you don't have to agree with your spouse on it.
Or even have a spouse!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote:There's one good thing about naming non-existent children -- you don't have to agree with your spouse on it.
I remember, years before I'd even met my future wife, that I came up with two names that I thought were clever for my future son: Jack Andrew Clinton Kendall and Mark Alan Robert Kendall. (The names have history in my family, the middle name of one of my cousins and my maternal grandfather is Clinton, I have an uncle named Alan, and my father is Robert.) I just liked how the initials spelled out the first name, and thought it was clever. Once the time came to actually pick kids' names for real, though, I long had that out of my system, and they didn't even make the long list, never mind the short list. ("Robert" stayed (as a middle name), though, since both my father and my wife's father (as well as one of her brothers) are named Robert.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Patronaut
One-Day Jeopardy Champ 3/26/2013

Post by Patronaut »

I want to name him Brendan Patrick Clevenger.
"Physics is to mathematics as sex is to masturbation." - Richard Feynman.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

dhkendall wrote:... both my father and my wife's father (as well as one of her brothers) are named Robert.
That is something I also have in common. My dad and my next older brother were/are both named Robert.
Patronaut wrote:I want to name him Brendan Patrick Clevenger.
And he would share my first two initals (including my middle name). My middle name was for my maternal grandfather who, I remember, would give a quarter to anybody he met named Patrick. Unfortunately, it was only upon the first meeting, so all of my (subsequent) trips to Pappy's (as we called him) house were in vain.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Patronaut
One-Day Jeopardy Champ 3/26/2013

Post by Patronaut »

bpmod wrote:
Patronaut wrote:I want to name him Brendan Patrick Clevenger.
And he would share my first two initals (including my middle name). My middle name was for my maternal grandfather who, I remember, would give a quarter to anybody he met named Patrick. Unfortunately, it was only upon the first meeting, so all of my (subsequent) trips to Pappy's (as we called him) house were in vain.

Brian
Brendan is my confirmation name. I've always loved it. Obviously, the middle name would be the same as my first name. My middle name is the same as my dad's, so it is something I would like to continue.
"Physics is to mathematics as sex is to masturbation." - Richard Feynman.
BADuBois
Jeopardy! Champion... It's a Mystery!

Post by BADuBois »

Patronaut wrote:I'm definitely going to get it, Brendan!

BTW, great name. That's what I want to name our non-existent son.
It is a great name... though I hate seeing it spelled Brandon or Brendon.

I was named after St. Brendan the Navigator, who discovered America way before Columbus and the Vikings. :D

Thanks for your good wishes, and I do hope your eventual son bears our shared name!
Award-winning author of "My Short, Happy Life in 'Jeopardy!'"
http://tinyurl.com/btax4xp
BADuBois

Post by BADuBois »

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes for my e-book... I'm still tickled from the responses I've been getting.

And this post is a test to see if my new signature is working... test, test, test!

Thanks to RandyG for the most excellent suggestion.
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J »

Brendan, I also PMed you, but I read it yesterday and loved it! Thanks for transporting me back to that wonderful week -- wish we'd gotten to spend more time together :)
BADuBois

Post by BADuBois »

Hey, Dr. J, so glad you read it and enjoyed it! What a great time that was and agreed... wish we had gotten to spend more time together as well... I think my collection of raunchy jokes and puns would have increased ten-fold! :D
rmfromfla
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by rmfromfla »

Downloaded the book on Saturday -- 2/3 of the way thru -- excellent read so far! 8-)
(although all those cross-country flights in such a short time may have eventually taken its toll on me!)
Case
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Case »

I bought your book and wasn't able to resist reading the part about me immediately! Oh, so very egotistical, aren't I? Still, I loved seeing the experience through your eyes, and I thank you for your discretion. Ahem. ;)
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

ahirbhairav wrote:(I have sworn to never ever touch a Kindle, or Nook.)
Why? Awesome devices. Since buying a Kindle several years ago I've hardly touched printed media.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Case wrote:I bought your book and wasn't able to resist reading the part about me immediately! Oh, so very egotistical, aren't I? Still, I loved seeing the experience through your eyes, and I thank you for your discretion. Ahem. ;)
Don't worry. We know nothing about that sultry hour when it was just the two of you in the green room.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

opusthepenguin wrote:Don't worry. We know nothing about that sultry hour when it was just the two of you in the green room.
You can't spell BADuBois without BAD!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I can sell you the tapes if you'd like ...
BADuBois

Post by BADuBois »

rmfromfla wrote:Downloaded the book on Saturday -- 2/3 of the way thru -- excellent read so far! 8-)
(although all those cross-country flights in such a short time may have eventually taken its toll on me!)
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! And yes, those cross-country flights in such quick order did fuzz up my mind and body... which is why I tried to have at least one day to recover before going to the studios the next day.
Case wrote:I bought your book and wasn't able to resist reading the part about me immediately! Oh, so very egotistical, aren't I? Still, I loved seeing the experience through your eyes, and I thank you for your discretion. Ahem. ;)
Oh, Sheri, so glad you got it and no worries, I think everyone would slide through looking for sections where they appear. I do hope your pal Erin gets a copy, if she's not too busy milking goats or something. :) As to being a discrete, a true gentlemen never reveals... and once I find one, I plan to pass that information along to him... :D
This Is Kirk! wrote:You can't spell BADuBois without BAD!
You got it bud!