Boardies on the Show - Season 28

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Suze
Jeopardy! Contestant

Re: Boardies on the Show - Season 28

Post by Suze »

Congratulations, Bigbor!!
bigbor
Valued Contributor

Post by bigbor »

Thanks guys! I'm hoping some of the other contestants from today's taping might also be board lurkers ... we had a great bunch of players.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

bigbor wrote:Thanks guys! I'm hoping some of the other contestants from today's taping might also be board lurkers ... we had a great bunch of players.
Good retro (or continued, if you're still taping) luck!
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

bigbor wrote:Add me to the list of boardies who will appear this season. I taped today and my show will be broadcast October 25.
Hooray!
Ryan
Contributor

Post by Ryan »

bigbor wrote:Thanks guys! I'm hoping some of the other contestants from today's taping might also be board lurkers ... we had a great bunch of players.
Hey Bigbor!

I agree. Our group was great. It's a little sad that we only get a few hours to hang out before it all goes down.

I've been waiting until after the taping to register. I thought about asking other contestants if they had posted here or if they knew about j-archive, but I was worried about inadvertently giving opponents information about me that they could possibly use against me. (For example, would a player that knew I studied j-archive betting strategies be more likely to use shortegy against me?)

Anyway, I can't wait to talk about our experiences after our air dates. (My date is October 26.)

Ryan
jpahk
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by jpahk »

ryan, congrats, welcome, and best of retroactive luck. i also joined after my taping, but in my case it was for the prosaic reason that i didn't know about this board until one of the other contestants told me. (hi, suze!)
katiedidwhat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by katiedidwhat »

Add me to the list as well -- I taped at the end of August for an October 12 air date. I've been lurking on the boards for a while, but haven't quite gotten the gumption to register until now. Thank insomnia for that. I lurked occasionally on the Sony boards, too, but fairly infrequently.
Serge
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Serge »

Big thanks to Suze for letting me know about this board! We had a great time taping that day, My episode is this wednesday (please be gentle--I was nervous!).
Suze
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Suze »

Welcome, new boardies! Looking forward to seeing your games. :)

eta: oops, Sergio was in moderation so I didn't see his post before. Welcome to Serge, who is a way cool dude.
heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 »

I think we should do it like last season's thread and have NJCondon edit in the appearances in the first post. :)
Turd Ferguson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Perhaps not the "right" place to ask this, but... I notice there weren't any Winner's Circle videos for last week's games. Are they not doing them this season?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Suze wrote: I've also been informed by a fellow contestant that I gave SEX EYES to the camera during the intro portion. Apparently what feels like nervous-and hey-is-the-camera-panning-over-to-the-other-person-yet eyes come off as something else.
I'll certianly be paying closer than usual attention to the intros during your game(s). ;)

Retro good luck and all that sort of thing tomorrow.
Serge
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Serge »

As the contestant who told Suze about her bedroom eyes, I stand behind that statement! Her on-screen personality was absolutely adorable. I'm a fan.
NJCondon
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by NJCondon »

heelsrule1988 wrote:I think we should do it like last season's thread and have NJCondon edit in the appearances in the first post. :)
What? Whowiththewhatnow? Who is this NJCondon of whom you speak? My name's Joe... errr... (looks down at drink) Joe Jameson! Yeah, that's it!
NJCondon
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by NJCondon »

NJCondon wrote:
heelsrule1988 wrote:I think we should do it like last season's thread and have NJCondon edit in the appearances in the first post. :)
What? Whowiththewhatnow? Who is this NJCondon of whom you speak? My name's Joe... errr... (looks down at drink) Joe Jameson! Yeah, that's it!
Okay, I've acquiesced and edited the list into the first post. I'd like to post the names people played with; I already know the real names of jbillygirl, Suze, and jpahk, but if the rest of you could post your on-camera names, I'll list them all. Thanks!
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

NJCondon wrote:
NJCondon wrote:
Okay, I've acquiesced and edited the list into the first post. I'd like to post the names people played with; I already know the real names of jbillygirl, Suze, and jpahk, but if the rest of you could post your on-camera names, I'll list them all. Thanks!

Haha, better you than me. Thanks for taking this on.
heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 »

NJCondon wrote:Okay, I've acquiesced and edited the list into the first post. I'd like to post the names people played with; I already know the real names of jbillygirl, Suze, and jpahk, but if the rest of you could post your on-camera names, I'll list them all. Thanks!
Yay... much better!

Although he hasn't posted it... I'll take a shot in the dark and say that Serge = Sergio Llorian. ;)
jpahk
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by jpahk »

welcome katie and sergio!
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

With the different fonts on this message board, I just read the title of this thread as "Boar dies on the show".
Suze
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Suze »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Perhaps not the "right" place to ask this, but... I notice there weren't any Winner's Circle videos for last week's games. Are they not doing them this season?
I shook my Magic 8-Ball and the answer came up: "Outlook not so good." (no, they aren't doing them anymore, at least for regular games.)