Fun with ABC's "Celebrity Jeopardy!"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

waterloo_guy
Valued Contributor

Re: Fun with ABC's "Celebrity Jeopardy!"

Post by waterloo_guy »

I suspect one of the reasons that ABC is going with game shows on Sunday nights is that they are a lot cheaper and, thus, can survive on lower ratings.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:02 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:37 pm
Bamaman wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:35 pm
SweepingDeveloper wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 pm They also mentioned THREE Daily Doubles for Triple J!. This could either give everyone a fair shot, or cause one person to put the game away VERY early. Maximum possible score: 2,683,200.
If any of them know how to DD hunt and found all six it could make for a really high score.

Looks like they will fill the extra 15 minutes or so with commentary from Michael and Sarah.
WAAAYYY too much to watch on Sunday nights. This will not be one of the shows.
Simpsons, 60 Minutes, Equalizer, SNF, Walking Dead, House of the Dragon... yeah double dose of celeb play on ABC has tough competition

9/25 premier is also season finale of Big Brother
And let's not leave out NCIS: LA, Air Disasters (or whatever other excellent series is on Smithsonian Channel), and whatever series is on PBS.
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Just to warn you all:
If you don't want to be spoiled on the outcomes, avoid looking at The Futon Critic's page for Celebrity J!, as it shows the matchup for the first semifinal on October 16, which spoils who wins the first three quarterfinal games.

EDIT: It wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being the case for all TV listings.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

I was listening to last week's episode of the Extra Hot Great podcast, and their guest was film critic Karina Longworth. She mentioned that her husband had been asked to be on the Celebrity Jeopardy, and they'd even given him a taping date, but then he got a call saying they'd overbooked, so they wouldn't need him. Her husband is
Spoiler
"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" and "Knives Out" director Rian Johnson.
(Spoiled just in case something happens and he does tape the show, and somehow people might not want to know. Whatever. I like surprises. Guess and then click.)

That would have been a pretty big get, in my opinion. Also interesting to learn that they overbook, just in case. How do they decide which celeb gets the "Sorry, we don't need you" call?

She also mentioned something about Andy Richter's earlier Celeb J! appearance. We all know how he was unable to tape round 2 of the Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational because he went on tour after Conan lost the tonight show. The detail I was unfamiliar with was that they did that tour so that the band would be able to get paid.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:58 am The detail I was unfamiliar with was that they did that tour so that the band would be able to get paid.
Andy mentioned that during one of his contestant interviews in PCJ! #1.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

An anonymous submitter to the J! Archive's correction suggestion submission system notified us that Celebrity Jeopardy! is moving from Sundays to Thursdays in 2023, starting with the week of January 5 (quarterfinal 9).

https://deadline.com/2022/11/abc-midsea ... 235165583/

A complete schedule is here:

https://epguides.com/CelebrityJeopardy/

All the Celebrity Jeopardy! shows aired to date are available to watch here:

https://abc.com/shows/celebrity-jeopardy
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I just noticed that Celebrity Jeopardy! games from earlier in the year are being rerun on ABC presently, for some reason. Tonight is #5. A couple nights ago, it was #1.

Something to watch out for if, like me, you have a DVR that is perpetually almost full of Jeopardy!
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Ike Barinholtz's semifinal reran yesterday and Wil Wheaton's semifinal is rerunning tomorrow.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:49 pm I just noticed that Celebrity Jeopardy! games from earlier in the year are being rerun on ABC presently, for some reason. Tonight is #5. A couple nights ago, it was #1.

Something to watch out for if, like me, you have a DVR that is perpetually almost full of Jeopardy!
Can't you program your DVR to only record new episodes? I saw it was on, wondered why it wasn't recording, and then realized it was a rerun.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:13 am
Robert K S wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:49 pm I just noticed that Celebrity Jeopardy! games from earlier in the year are being rerun on ABC presently, for some reason. Tonight is #5. A couple nights ago, it was #1.

Can't you program your DVR to only record new episodes? I saw it was on, wondered why it wasn't recording, and then realized it was a rerun.
Risky. Not all new episodes are flagged as new. Better to err on the side of getting everything and delete afterwards.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Volante wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:35 am

Risky. Not all new episodes are flagged as new. Better to err on the side of getting everything and delete afterwards.
Unless you budget your DVR for, like, a couple of shows at a time, and inadvertently recording a celeb rerun would cause you to miss a new regular show!
Volante

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:02 am
Volante wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:35 am

Unless you budget your DVR for, like, a couple of shows at a time, and inadvertently recording a celeb rerun would cause you to miss a new regular show!
Having a hard time visualizing this situation... is the DVR filling up then? (Mine has external HD support and a 2T drive can comfortably hold 3 seasons)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Volante wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:37 am Having a hard time visualizing this situation... is the DVR filling up then? (Mine has external HD support and a 2T drive can comfortably hold 3 seasons)
Indeed. Mine has way more than three seasons. I budget a few hours a week to get episodes off the DVR and onto my computer. It's not a perfect system but it's the best I am able to arrive at. Would love suggestions.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:58 am
Volante wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:37 am Having a hard time visualizing this situation... is the DVR filling up then? (Mine has external HD support and a 2T drive can comfortably hold 3 seasons)
Indeed. Mine has way more than three seasons. I budget a few hours a week to get episodes off the DVR and onto my computer. It's not a perfect system but it's the best I am able to arrive at. Would love suggestions.
I just get a new hard drive...but if yours can't support swapping, that's not going to be a workable solution and leaves me out of ideas.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

#8 (semifinal #2) was rerun 12/29.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Does anyone have a recording of the episode #8 rerun?

I'm hearing reports that J!4 and TJ!19 were edited for the rerun.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:25 pm Does anyone have a recording of the episode #8 rerun?

What would have been the issues with TJ19?
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:44 pm
OntarioQuizzer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:25 pm Does anyone have a recording of the episode #8 rerun?

What would have been the issues with TJ19?
Apparently the original picture was not the correct fish.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

I wonder what kind of disclaimers might be at the end of the ep.

-mmm