Fun with ABC's "Celebrity Jeopardy!"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Fun with ABC's "Celebrity Jeopardy!"

Post by MarkBarrett »

From the Aug. 29 - Sept. 11, 2022 issue of TV Guide:

Celebrity Wheel of Fortune has been three different players each week.

If the J! version is doing some kind of tournament then that should be a better format. 13 weeks could mean an episode each Sunday from 9/25 - 12/18 or there could be breaks in there and conclude in 2023.

If it is going to be 61 clues over an hour with more chat and antics then the online ink spilled will be massive.

To not dumb down the material? Great, bring it on.
Golf

Re: Fun with ABC's "Celebrity Jeopardy!"

Post by Golf »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:22 pm To not dumb down the material? Great, bring it on.
Good luck archiving the TS’s. :lol:
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

If one game takes up the entire hour that will not be fun to watch.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:14 am If one game takes up the entire hour that will not be fun to watch.
Celeb Wheel does two games in the hour with the same three players in each half, so J! should do the same. I could seen the board shortened to 6 x 4 like Sports J! or 5 x 5.

For a tourney format the first 9 weeks is QF using 27 players. Weeks 10-12 are the semis with just the 9 winners returning. The finals is that last week's show.

If the powers want to switch up the highest total after 2 games format then they could do the point system for a win and do one tiebreaker clue if a different player wins each half.

Since it's just a short prime time series and if asking the writers to come up with two new boards for each show is too much then for something new, how about triple jeopardy for three rounds in the hour and one FJ! clue?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:41 am
Bamaman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:14 am If one game takes up the entire hour that will not be fun to watch.
Celeb Wheel does two games in the hour with the same three players in each half, so J! should do the same. I could seen the board shortened to 6 x 4 like Sports J! or 5 x 5.

For a tourney format the first 9 weeks is QF using 27 players. Weeks 10-12 are the semis with just the 9 winners returning. The finals is that last week's show.

If the powers want to switch up the highest total after 2 games format then they could do the point system for a win and do one tiebreaker clue if a different player wins each half.

Since it's just a short prime time series and if asking the writers to come up with two new boards for each show is too much then for something new, how about triple jeopardy for three rounds in the hour and one FJ! clue?
You just want to give RKS headaches recoding the archive. 😂
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

https://ew.com/tv/celebrity-jeopardy-co ... hael-cera/
Simu Liu, Constance Wu, Iliza Shlesinger, Ray Romano, Aisha Tyler, Patton Oswalt, Michael Cera, and B.J. Novak will be contestants on the show according to the article. Out of those nine, Aisha is the only one who played Celebrity Jeopardy! on the syndicated version (she played twice; she won the CES 2009 Celebrity Jeopardy! game and was a quarterfinalist in the Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational tournament).
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:38 pm https://ew.com/tv/celebrity-jeopardy-co ... hael-cera/
Simu Liu, Constance Wu, Iliza Shlesinger, Ray Romano, Aisha Tyler, Patton Oswalt, Michael Cera, and B.J. Novak will be contestants on the show according to the article. Out of those nine, Aisha is the only one who played Celebrity Jeopardy! on the syndicated version (she played twice; she won the CES 2009 Celebrity Jeopardy! game and was a quarterfinalist in the Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational tournament).
Cool, thanks. The 9th is Candace Parker and unlike DWTS, each season when they announce the cast, I am familiar with all of the names.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:52 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:38 pm https://ew.com/tv/celebrity-jeopardy-co ... hael-cera/
Cool, thanks. The 9th is Candace Parker and unlike DWTS, each season when they announce the cast, I am familiar with all of the names.
Sorry, I missed Candace because the article didn't hyperlink her name, like they did with the other eight.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I have heard of Ramano, Oswalt, Tyler, and Parker.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:55 pm I have heard of Ramano, Oswalt, Tyler, and Parker.
For me, it's Romano, Oswalt, Parker, Cera, and Novak.
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

Some of those I've never heard of, but good luck to all the celebs except Patton Oswalt
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

I know Patton Oswalt, Simu Liu , Aiesha, Constance bennett and BJ Novak.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

That's a hell of a lineup. Puts those power players weeks to shame.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

I've heard of all the celebrities listed in the article except Candace Parker (because I don't follow women's basketball... come to think of it, I barely follow men's basketball).

If the format is going to involve just one game in an hour, I suspect there will be extended pre-taped interview segments with the celebrities talking about things like their favorite teachers, favorite school subjects, etc.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Patton Oswalt was also on the 2/18/21 episode of Celebrity Wheel.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

trainman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:13 am I've heard of all the celebrities listed in the article except Candace Parker (because I don't follow women's basketball... come to think of it, I barely follow men's basketball).

If the format is going to involve just one game in an hour, I suspect there will be extended pre-taped interview segments with the celebrities talking about things like their favorite teachers, favorite school subjects, etc.
That's a lot of padding to fill an extra half hour.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:47 pm
trainman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:13 am I've heard of all the celebrities listed in the article except Candace Parker (because I don't follow women's basketball... come to think of it, I barely follow men's basketball).

Maybe they'll use some of the extra time to play every clue. :lol:
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

kingskip wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:59 am Patton Oswalt was also on the 2/18/21 episode of Celebrity Wheel.
I thought I remembered him on WWTBAM in 2020-21 as well but the internet seems to think I'm crazy. Does anyone recall him showing up there, maybe he was a +1 for another celebrity? Though I would think it would pop up in my web searches so now I'm thinking I must just be mistaken
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:49 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:47 pm

Maybe they'll use some of the extra time to play every clue. :lol:
Playing one game in one hour, with no other changes to the gameplay format, would be my preference. The celebs should be given time to be celebs with all the mugging and funny wrong responses they want without leaving half the material on the board.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

If I ran a charity, I'd prefer having the D-list celebrity representing me actually try to win as much money as possible and not ring in with some corny joke trying to be funny.