FJs for the 9/12/22 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 9/12/22 week?

Poll runs till Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:50 pm

"This bell was named Marie... alone in the southern tower, with her sister Jacqueline, a bell of lesser size", says this novel
91%
Prince Philip's titles included Baron Greenwich & Duke of Edinburgh, but not Prince Consort, last used by this royal
81%
He said, "The Seine! I have painted it all my life, at all hours, in all seasons, from Paris to the sea"
73%
Founded as a technical institute in 1900, its sports teams are the Tartans & its official mascot is a Scottish Terrier
51%
"We Don't Talk About Bruno" from "Encanto" is the first song from an animated Disney film to hit No. 1 since this duet in 1993
61%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
19%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
GOING ON A POWER TRIP $1000: This dam with the most generation capacity of any U.S. power plant is about a 2-hour drive from Spokane
66%
EUROPEAN PLACES $2000: Called Danzig in German, this Polish port city was the birthplace of the Solidarity labor union
77%
A LITTLE HISTORY $1600: Many of Shakespeare's history plays were based on the "Lives" of this ancient Greek
54%
I have watched the fifth season of Cobra Kai already.
1%
I have never seen an episode of Cobra Kai.
84%
I have read The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
6%
For the Tuesday FJ! clue I knew it was the husband of Victoria, but I could not recall his name.
6%
I have seen a Monet painting of the Seine in person.
42%
van Gogh was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
4%
I have set foot on the grounds of Carnegie Mellon University.
14%
"Beauty And The Beast" was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
8%
Even though I was correct with "A Whole New World" on Friday I thought the song was from Beauty and the Beast.
1%
I missed the Friday FJ! clue with a song from The Lion King.
19%
Knowing that Aladdin was a 1992 movie messed with my head when the clue had the duet from 1993.
10%
I have listened to and/or watched at least one episode of the Inside Jeopardy! podcast.
28%
I have been in the studio audience for at least one J! taping (regular/SCT/Celebrity) in 2022.
1%

Total votes: 79

alietr
Site Admin

Re: FJs for the 9/12/22 week

Post by alietr »

seaborgium wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 pm
alietr wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:33 pm
seaborgium wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:19 pm I've seen Water Lilies in person, and I [edit: no longer] think that counts as a Monet Seine painting.
I was going to set you straight, but you self-corrected. The water lily paintings were done in his garden in Giverny. While that is close to the Seine, the paintings were not done at the Seine.
I figured it must be Seine waters, and then looking it up I read that he diverted a branch of the river Epte for his garden.
He wasn't very good at it. He was in Epte, but not in Seine.
AFRET CMS
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by AFRET CMS »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

First all-green panel in quite a while. If "reversion to the mean" is actually a thing, it may mean I'm at increased risk for an oh-fer next week.

Have never seen an episode of Cobra Kai. That turned out to be the ONLY extra box I checked. Hmmm.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Bartleby
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Bartleby »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :(
:( :mrgreen: :(

Nothing on Thursday.
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight" on Friday. Thrown off by the year.

Seen a Seine.
I would prefer not to.