Jeopardy Radio on TuneIn

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Jeopardy Radio on TuneIn

Post by Bamaman »

Assuming they are doing this with Sony's blessing, why aren't more episodes on Pluto?

Good job by the archivists doing it without video.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

The ad-supported channel just looped from #65 to #2 again.
jsach
Contributor

Post by jsach »

Premium channel has looped all the way around including the 5 shows not in the ad-supported cycle, back to #2 again.
jsach
Contributor

Post by jsach »

Each loop on the premium channel is a little less than 6 hours long. Back to #2. I'm hoping there'll be more than 6 hours of content. I'll check again around 1:15.
jsach
Contributor

Post by jsach »

Back to #2. As great as this announcement originally was, I'd really hope there'd be more than 6 hours of content in it. At this point I've already heard some of the games three or four times.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Yes. But if they give us 6 new hours every week, or even every month, I'll still feel pretty thankful for the blessing. We stand a chance of getting a lot of questions answered over time.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

On the ad channel I just heard the end of S10E1 followed by S11E1.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

What is TuneIn charging for a premium subscription?
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

It looks like they're switching things up, which is good.

And then they went and switched from what I think was a Season 2 game to one of Elise Beraru's Final Jeopardies.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

I caught the end of September 4, 1990 on the Classics channel and September 5, 1990 is currently airing.

As for the channel that doesn't have classics in the title, they are airing Ken Jennings' 20th game.

EDIT: Ken's 22nd game started airing after his 20th game. On the Classics channel, after September 5, 1990 ended, they went back to December 10, 1984, which has already aired on the premium channel.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Premium has switched back from Season 7 to Season 1, with Liz Caccese Game 2.
Andy Saunders
gameshowfandanny

Jeopardy! Radio aired the Season 15 premiere after Ken's 22nd game and now is airing the Season 16 premiere (the inaugural Back to School week episode).
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:11 pm Liz Caccese Game 2.
That's one we don't have in the Archive. I wonder if there might have been any airdate hints in the show.

Our "Liz Caccese game 1" says "airdate approximate" but it should say "airdate inaccurate" since its Final in the category of SPORTS doesn't match up with the Resource's U.S. PRESIDENTS for that date New Years' Eve 1984.

Our Jerry Frankel game 5 also says "airdate approximate", but I wonder if anyone would have any objection with me removing that qualifier, since its Final does match up with the Final in the Resource.

There are only 4 Finals in the Resource for December 1984 and none for January 1985. :-(
gameshowfandanny

After December 10, 1984, the Classics channel aired the other five shows that the premium channel had started airing on Thursday (shows 69, 70, one of Larry Floyd's games, Jerry Frankel game three, and Jerry Frankel game five).

Also, after the premieres of Seasons 15-19 aired on Jeopardy! Radio, Ken's 13th game aired, followed by his 16th-19th games.
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Robert K S wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:29 pm
OntarioQuizzer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:11 pm Liz Caccese Game 2.
That's one we don't have in the Archive. I wonder if there might have been any airdate hints in the show.

Our "Liz Caccese game 1" says "airdate approximate" but it should say "airdate inaccurate" since its Final in the category of SPORTS doesn't match up with the Resource's U.S. PRESIDENTS for that date New Years' Eve 1984.

Our Jerry Frankel game 5 also says "airdate approximate", but I wonder if anyone would have any objection with me removing that qualifier, since its Final does match up with the Final in the Resource.

There are only 4 Finals in the Resource for December 1984 and none for January 1985. :-(
I would suggest keeping "Airdate approximate" on hers and moving Liz Caccese's run 1 day. Jerry Frankel's run is probably safe to remove the qualifier.
Andy Saunders
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Always fine by me to adjust any early seasons games I did and I suspect I archived one of the Liz and Jerry games.

This is great to see the progress on Season 1. Thank you Andy and Robert. Florida Robert used to archive some games off his audio cassette recordings and it seems like such an extra hurdle to input clues that way. Best of luck.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Liz didn't have a returning champ in her first game so wouldn't she have had to have started right after Jerry left?
gameshowfandanny

Bamaman wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:36 pm Liz didn't have a returning champ in her first game so wouldn't she have had to have started right after Jerry left?
Liz's first game is in the Archive and it shows that in that episosde, Phil Wilson was announced as the returning champion.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:38 pm
Bamaman wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:36 pm Liz didn't have a returning champ in her first game so wouldn't she have had to have started right after Jerry left?
Liz's first game is in the Archive and it shows that in that episosde, Phil Wilson was announced as the returning champion.
Misread it. Sorry about that.
gameshowfandanny

Right now on the Classics channel, an episode is airing with a returning champion named Bill Clippell (sp?) I have no idea when it originally aired.

EDIT: After the commercial break before FJ! of said game, they switched to the FJ! of Elise Beraru's third game. (Actually, it turns out this happened the last time that episode aired according to a comment in this thread earlier today.)

EDIT 2: After Elise's third game ended, they aired another game with Bill as returning champion (likely his third game).
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.