Monday, September 26, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Re: Monday, September 26, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Rackme32 »

MattKnowles wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 pm I knew there was a place called Walla Walla in Washington but I've never seen it spelled out as "Walla Walla, WA" and that makes it seem even more fun.
I can't find the clip. but there was a Daffy Duck cartoon where he was a fast-talking salesduck... "I represent the Wishywashy Washing Machine Company of Walla Walla, Washington!"
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

The latest Overheard cleared up any doubt about Ken's interest in David's (non)wager-
https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/overhear ... ical-wager
Mathew5000
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Mathew5000 »

Rackme32 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:41 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 pm I knew there was a place called Walla Walla in Washington but I've never seen it spelled out as "Walla Walla, WA" and that makes it seem even more fun.
I can't find the clip. but there was a Daffy Duck cartoon where he was a fast-talking salesduck... "I represent the Wishywashy Washing Machine Company of Walla Walla, Washington!"
You might have two or three cartoons confused.

1953, A Mouse Divided: "I represent the Little Giant Vacuum Cleaner Company, Walla Walla Washington".

1955, This Is a Life?: "America's most talked-about programme, brought to you by the Wishy-Washy Washing Machine Company of Walla Walla Washington".

1956, The High and the Flighty: Daffy is from the "Ace Novelty Company of Walla Walla Washington".

1963, Transylvania 6-5000: "Walla Walla Washington" used as an incantation.

See The notoriety of Walla Walla!