"Girls in song" question that was overruled/contestant brought back?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

"Girls in song" question that was overruled/contestant brought back?

Post by TenPoundHammer »

On another forum, I saw someone post the following:
A contestant was brought back on J! because she had faced a Daily Double that Alex admitted was terribly obscure. I remember that the category was something close to GIRLS IN SONG, and the clue was, "Any of the 3 artists who hit the Hot 100 with the song heard here." ISTR that none of the three had cracked the top 60.
This seems like an odd ruling to bring someone back for. Obscurity seems too subjective to warrant bringing someone back (cf. Liederkranz). Is there any veracity to this claim?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: "Girls in song" question that was overruled/contestant brought back?

Post by Bamaman »

As long as the clue was accurate I don't see someone having a case to be brought back.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: "Girls in song" question that was overruled/contestant brought back?

Post by jeff6286 »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:48 pm On another forum, I saw someone post the following:
A contestant was brought back on J! because she had faced a Daily Double that Alex admitted was terribly obscure. I remember that the category was something close to GIRLS IN SONG, and the clue was, "Any of the 3 artists who hit the Hot 100 with the song heard here." ISTR that none of the three had cracked the top 60.
This seems like an odd ruling to bring someone back for. Obscurity seems too subjective to warrant bringing someone back (cf. Liederkranz). Is there any veracity to this claim?
If there's truth to this, it could be someone misremembering a key detail. Like maybe the clue said top 40 which turned out to be incorrect factually.

But this feels like one where there isn't going to be any satisfying answer, in all likeklihood.