Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 2, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 2, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Archivists »

J! Round
Archivists

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 2, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Archivists »

DJ! Round
Archivists

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! Sunday, October 2, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Archivists »

TJ! Round
Archivists

Post by Archivists »

Box score
Woppy T
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Woppy T »

Completely unwatchable. So why am I watching? After tonight, I’m not.
Danmel
Valued Contributor

Post by Danmel »

Painful
I'm out. Truly unwatchable.
Xu Donym
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Xu Donym »

Dear Wolf Blitzer,

Please accept my public apology for each and every unkind thought I may ever have had regarding your performance on Celebrity Jeopardy! -- your presence would have elevated the 10/2/22 show immensely.

With best regards,
XuDonym
Last edited by Xu Donym on Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Still watching. I'm getting a huge kick out of Reggie's display of accents, though I can see how others could find it annoyingly peacocky.

Funny that he didn't get to use the German accent on the Ahhnuld clue.

But so disappointed that Mayim did not know to immediately accept "Tour Eiffel".
theFJguy

Post by theFJguy »

FINAL JEOPARDY! CATEGORY
19th CENTURY LITERATURE

FINAL JEOPARDY! CLUE
William Brodie, an upstanding Scottish tradesman by day & leader of a gang of burglars by night, helped inspire these 2 title characters

Eddie Huang: 7200-7200=0
Reggie Watts: 4700-2000=2700
Iliza Shlesinger: 13300+1101=14401 (Semifinalist)

Correct response:
Spoiler
(Dr). Jekyll & (Mr.) Hyde (Eddie – the Peaky Bli) (Reggie – Thelma & Louise)

Daily Doubles
Iliza: 600+300
Iliza: 4100+700
Eddie: 5700-1000
Iliza: 7200+1200
Iliza: 10800-500
Iliza: 12700-3000

Coryats
Eddie: 8200
Reggie: 4700
Iliza: 16200

Combined: 29,100

Scores at the end of the Jeopardy! Round
Eddie: 1300
Reggie: 900
Iliza: 2500

Scores at the end of the Double Jeopardy! Round
Eddie: 5700
Reggie: 4700
Iliza: 6600
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

SNF is closer now than when I decided to watch J! early through a YT upload.

All through the game I kept thinking what a nightmare it will be for the archivist to deal with the extra stuff in the hour. It was a bit out of control in parts, but it still had 91 clues and that is what matters to me.

I may need a new pen soon as 83/91 had my pen busy on my scoresheet.

The FJ! clue had me match Iliza although I added the titles that were not necessary for a correct response.

Mayim seemed to enjoy the episode and it was obvious the audience was glad they were in the house.

Austin Rogers was the J! champ guest category reader from his bar. I can only imagine his reaction when hearing the celebs making fun of him. Austin has a lot of friends and they may go on a little defense on the social media feeds of the contestants.

It's all in fun, no one is forced to watch and charities get money. 11 weeks to go.
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

I'll take 'How Much Time Can I Waist Between Clue Reveals?' for $800 please, Mayim.

For all her flub-ups during the game, I was surprised that Iliza was able to parse that FJ clue and knew how to wager correctly.

Initially, I was bummed that we were going to have to put up with Mayim for these games, but now I realize that the numbing foolishnes that goes on in these affairs is well below Ken Jennings' integrity. It was almost like an SNL sketch at times.
Last edited by Category 13 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

A watch break of The Equalizer and The Walking Dead before seeing Celebrity Wheel of Fortune with *Kristen Schaal was helpful. I can't imagine watching those celeb game shows back to back tonight. One saving grace was Ron Funches was not as animated as I'm seen him on other shows.

*She's funny and energetic without annoying me with her voice and antics though can still be a lot while watching her.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Any idea what Reggie said for TJ!8 (MYTHOLOGY $1500)?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Robert K S wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:58 am Any idea what Reggie said for TJ!8 (MYTHOLOGY $1500)?
Seemed like pure intentional gibberish to me.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Well, that was exactly what I was afraid it was going to be. Iliza actually was good enough so she would have been decent as a contestant without all of the asides.
Robert K S wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:37 pm But so disappointed that Mayim did not know to immediately accept "Tour Eiffel".
Let's just say that that is something that wouldn't have gotten by Ken.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Never heard of any of these three and am truly proud of that. Now at 1-for-6.

That was horrible to watch and I agree it was beneath Ken's dignity.

Take off the sunglasses, Eddie. Knock off the stupid fake accents, Reggie. Quit acting like a goofball, Illiza. The comments toward Austin were unnecessary.

I was actually surprised Illiza made the correct bet in FJ. Eddie bet correctly as well but he may have just bet it all for the heck of it.

I got FJ about halfway through after I decided the Scottish part wasn't important.
davey

Post by davey »

I wouldn't say the Scottish part was unimportant. Robert Louis Stevenson was Scottish.
I've been enjoying Reggie Watts on James Corden's show of late. Never watched it until recently. It's probably a better venue for him.
I may have to pull this up on Hulu just to see what they said about Austin...
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

davey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:01 pm I may have to pull this up on Hulu just to see what they said about Austin...
There was a very confusing (bottom-row, but first-selected) clue asking for the name of a drink. I suppose if you're a bartender or a barfly who is a Sinatra fan you will have known the drink. (Or if you're a teetotaler like Ken Jennings who studied potent potables as a trivia avocation.) But it flummoxed the three contestants, prompting one of them (Eddie) to remark that Austin must be drinking some "funky stuff", which led to Reggie making what I thought was a mildly clever pun on the Austin-the-city slogan inviting residents to "keep Austin weird". Then it snowballed gently from there. Although some on social media interpreted the comments as disparaging of Austin-the-clue-reader, I never got that sense. They were just having some pithy fun. Exactly what one would expect and hope of Celebrity Jeopardy!

This show was bad Jeopardy! but it was great Celebrity Jeopardy!--keep 'em coming!

(Oh, yeah, and Reggie >>>>> Andy Richter as a late-night sidekick, if not as a Jeopardy! player.)
davey

Post by davey »

Robert K S wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:33 pm
davey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:01 pm I may have to pull this up on Hulu just to see what they said about Austin...
There was a very confusing (bottom-row, but first-selected) clue asking for the name of a drink. I suppose if you're a bartender or a barfly who is a Sinatra fan you will have known the drink....
Having watched it now, I agree it was confusing. You don't have to be a drinker to know that song, but I too thought they must be referring to a drink mentioned in it.
Those people don't know who Austin is. He was just fodder. A category like that, like the one with Buzzy last week, would work better with regular...should I say real?...contestants...
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:55 am Well, that was exactly what I was afraid it was going to be.
And exactly what I want out of a celebrity tournament. Just saw this game and it was awesome. All three contestants were a hoot. I'm glad we'll see Iliza again. Too bad we won't see her interact with Andy Richter, but that's fine too. The decision to do three rounds in the time normally used for four was brilliant. We got to see all the clues while still leaving plenty of time for table talk. Well done, powers that be! Don't listen to the curmudgeons, especially not the kind who waste time on WWTBAM taking a victory lap. This was great.