Celebrity Jeopardy! Thursday, January 19, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! Thursday, January 19, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Volante »

MSTieScott wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:11 am
Volante wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:47 pm I'm counting garbage scow for barge.
alietr wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:53 am You should. I did.
Maybe they would be more lenient on a celebrity episode, but the clue started with something like "You can't spell 'garbage' without this," so I wouldn't be surprised if they intended to only accept an answer that could be made using some of those letters.
Well, it was a photo clue and the text wasn't displayed, that I do remember (currently no access to DVR and its not archived yet), so if they were being cute with the writing, it was in house only.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! Thursday, January 19, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by jeff6286 »

Volante wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:33 am
MSTieScott wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:11 am
Volante wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:47 pm I'm counting garbage scow for barge.
alietr wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:53 am You should. I did.
Maybe they would be more lenient on a celebrity episode, but the clue started with something like "You can't spell 'garbage' without this," so I wouldn't be surprised if they intended to only accept an answer that could be made using some of those letters.
Well, it was a photo clue and the text wasn't displayed, that I do remember (currently no access to DVR and its not archived yet), so if they were being cute with the writing, it was in house only.
Not sure what you're saying here, even if the text is not displayed the response should still have to fit the clue as spoken, and I would agree, the "you can't spell garbage without" part of the clue should rule out alternate responses.