FJs for the 4/24/23 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 4/24/23 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:50 pm

Interstate 25 connects these 2 state capitals, 1st & 2nd in elevation, & in between runs through No. 3, Denver
62%
The 1980s "Magnum, P.I." used a soundstage of this long-running drama that had just ended, & even referred to its lead character
63%
Last name of 3 men who missed the 1927 premiere of "The Jazz Singer" because a 4th of that name had died hours before
56%
Dante gives him, born to a Kurdish family in the 12th century, a place of honor in limbo along with the war heroes of Rome & Troy
33%
In April 1975, to symbolize the start of America's Bicentennial, President Ford lit a third lantern at this landmark
82%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
12%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
4%
AMERICAN LIT $1000: Born into it herself, Edith Wharton wrote about American high society of the 1870s in this Pulitzer-winning novel
47%
STATE NICKNAMES $800: In 1995 it officially changed its nickname from the "Land of Opportunity" to "The Natural State"
38%
TAKE A TOUR $1000: Fashion fit for royalty is one of the specialty tours offered at this palace in Honolulu, once home to Hawaii's monarchs
30%
For the Monday FJ! clue I had Santa Fe but not Cheyenne.
15%
For the Monday FJ! clue I had Cheyenne but not Santa Fe.
11%
Helena was part of my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
10%
Boise was part of my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
5%
Salt Lake City was part of my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
8%
Even though I knew Magnum P.I. was set in Hawaii I missed the Tuesday FJ! clue with a show not set in Hawaii.
19%
M*A*S*H was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
10%
The Marx Brothers was my incorrect guess for the Wednesday FJ! clue.
27%
El Cid was my incorrect guess for the Thursday FJ! clue.
4%
Suleiman was my incorrect guess for the Thursday FJ! clue.
22%
For the Friday FJ! clue I made the connection to Paul Revere, but did not know the name of the church.
8%
A NATION OF VODKA BRANDS $600: Sobieski - I was correct with Poland only because I guessed off the -ski ending.
40%
A NATION OF VODKA BRANDS $600: Sobieski - I was correct with Poland because I knew that was the country of the Sobieski brand.
11%
A NATION OF VODKA BRANDS $600: Sobieski - I was incorrect with Finland.
4%

Total votes: 73

davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: FJs for the 4/24/23 week

Post by davey »

bibliophage wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:40 pm
I've been to the Old North Church when I was about ten, so I got that clue right. I think that's where I learned the word "pew" which I thought was a funny word. I wasn't surprised the clue was a triple stumper, and I am surprised it polls so high here. It seems like a pretty New-England-centric clue.
It's been on J! dozens of times (including this very week), and I suppose this has changed, but when I grew up it was elementary school history, with reference to the Longfellow poem.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: FJs for the 4/24/23 week

Post by opusthepenguin »

bibliophage wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:40 pm I've been to the Old North Church when I was about ten, so I got that clue right. I think that's where I learned the word "pew" which I thought was a funny word.
You know about the skunk family that went to church, right?
Spoiler
They had to sit in their own pew.