Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by econgator »

So, I happened to look at the NFL Scorigami board (https://nflscorigami.com/), where it lists all the NFL game scores and their frequency.

The score with the highest frequency is 20-17 (290 times), followed by 27-24 (233 times).

Take a guess what's 3rd (and you're likely wrong -- unless me telling you this makes you guess correctly, so who knows?!):
Spoiler
it's 23-20 (202 times)
and 4th is 17-14 (200 times).
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

I hope you've watched the video from Secret Base that is linked to this page.
I blundered into the videos from Jon Bois a couple of years ago (about 4 years, I guess) and they are so compelling.
Unbelievably, I watched both parts of "The Bob Emergency", about 90 minutes or so which is my all time favorite waste of time so far. ( Although I did watch 40 minutes of the World Jigsaw Puzzle championship just a few days ago :lol:.)

It's a story about how there are less than a half dozen high level athletes in the world named Bob now, and the timeline of when it was the dominant first name. It is just so irreverent, yet reverential that it's just a hoot. The same production values are in all his work. I thought he was stepping back from this work, but I see lots of titles since my binge a while back. I'll get back to them after I catch up on the World Hopscotch Championship or something equally exciting.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
OrchidEntity
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by OrchidEntity »

Ooh, I watched that and many of his vids several months back. Jon Bois is a talented guy.

Interesting to see the Packers/Cowboys game finish as 48-32, since that's a score that has only happened once before (12/30/18, Rams/Niners). Not a Scorigami, but not exactly commonplace. And hooray for the Detroit Lions winning their first playoff game in just over 30 years.
"Everything ends. Life goes on. I'll be gone. So will you. So hug people tightly. Take joy in their heartbeats and drink something cold and go play in the shade. That is all." -Bob Harris, Prisoner of Trebekistan
-
I post whatever (but mostly mushrooms and nature stuff) on Bluesky.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

OrchidEntity wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:58 pm Ooh, I watched that and many of his vids several months back. Jon Bois is a talented guy.

Interesting to see the Packers/Cowboys game finish as 48-32, since that's a score that has only happened once before (12/30/18, Rams/Niners). Not a Scorigami, but not exactly commonplace. And hooray for the Detroit Lions winning their first playoff game in just over 30 years.
If the Packers hadn’t missed that extra point it is scorigami at 49-32. (Although the Cowboys might not have kept going for two with the Pack at 49 and could have landed on a different total).
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

I sure hope the blowback against the Peacock game continues. I opened a Peacock account in September because our local NBC was in the pissing match with Direct TV and I couldn't get SNF, or Jeopardy in a viewable form. I just won't watch live TV without benefit of pause/skip/FF. The Peacock account was just for a bridge until I replace DirecTV, which is going to happen soon.

DirecTV settled the NBC feud so I cancelled Peacock with just one month. I opened another month one hour before the Chiefs game and cancelled the renewal option 5 minutes after the game ended. The bot offered 3 more months at just $2.50/month to change my mind :roll:. Then a comment box for me to explain that I will NEVER consider Peacock when I do switch to streaming, yada yada...

So far, all streaming experiences have been inferior to the status quo. The ability to time shift is my number one priority. There's a little bit of control with limited time management, but you can only pause for 2-3 minutes before you have to reboot the show and most likely will get spoiled. Who is this demographic that likes being told when to watch something, or you can't watch it at all? I get that it's a huge amplification of content available, but it's a huge step backward in the viewing experience.
OrchidEntity
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by OrchidEntity »

It sounds like Peacock got the game they deserved. :lol:
"Everything ends. Life goes on. I'll be gone. So will you. So hug people tightly. Take joy in their heartbeats and drink something cold and go play in the shade. That is all." -Bob Harris, Prisoner of Trebekistan
-
I post whatever (but mostly mushrooms and nature stuff) on Bluesky.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Dedicated to our favorite feathered flightless Boardie:

Screenshot_20240116_095955_Washington Post.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_095955_Washington Post.jpg (345.26 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:02 am Dedicated to our favorite feathered flightless Boardie:

Really? I'm your favorite? Awww.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Monday's episode of GSN's Blank Slate, a contestant spelled Koala, "Kawalla". Almost turned off the TV.
Douglas Squasoni
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:21 am Monday's episode of GSN's Blank Slate, a contestant spelled Koala, "Kawalla". Almost turned off the TV.
from YouTube shorts of Dad jokes:

Why aren't Koala bears classified as bears?
Spoiler
they don't meat the koalafications :roll: :roll:
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

There's no escaping for me. I was behind this car this afternoon.

TPH DC.png
TPH DC.png (163.63 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

alietr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:25 pm There's no escaping for me. I was behind this car this afternoon.

TPH DC.png
That joke seems undervalued :mrgreen:
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Woof wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:46 pm
alietr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:25 pm There's no escaping for me. I was behind this car this afternoon.

That joke seems undervalued :mrgreen:
I know! That could be literally ANYONE'S car! :lol:
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

After 15 years working here, the hospital has suddenly decided to flag jboard-dot-tv as a "Games and Gaming" site. I now have to click a button promise to use the site only for "Business Purposes".

And what am I using the site for, you might ask. Well, that's my business, isn't it?
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

My teenage daughter wanted my input about an e-mail she was about to send to one of her teachers. When I advised her to put two spaces between a period and the start of the next sentence, she resisted and said she had never heard of that rule. "Times change," she shrugged.
They can pry that extra space from my cold, dead hand.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

squarekara wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:35 pm My teenage daughter wanted my input about an e-mail she was about to send to one of her teachers. When I advised her to put two spaces between a period and the start of the next sentence, she resisted and said she had never heard of that rule. "Times change," she shrugged.
They can pry that extra space from my cold, dead hand.
If autocorrect is on, it'll strip away that extra space anyway. Also, try previewing a post here with a double space after a period.
Spoiler
I typed two up there. You can see it if you quote me and count the spaces, but they're not present in the rendered post.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Blancanieves (10), Morbius (5), Farmageddon (7), The Batman (8)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Volante wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 pm they're not present in the rendered post
That's not a function of the board software but of HTML generally.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

🐧🐧🐧
Penguin news from the ol' Google feed:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-68071718
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

squarekara wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:32 pm 🐧🐧🐧
Penguin news from the ol' Google feed:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-68071718
Good news and worrisome possibilities all at the same time.